Torwood castle

Torwood castle

The seat of Clan Forrester . Torwood Castle was thought to have been built around 1566 for Sir Alexander Forrester. The Lords Forrester were suppliers of timber to the crown and they were also The heriditary keepers to King James the Thirds royal forrest of Tor Wood . In 1957 a Glasgow Accountant purchased the castle by then a ruin and a labour of love started over the next 40 years he slowly began to restore it single handed and when he passed away he left the castle to the Torwood castle Trust who sofar have failed to live up to the job in hand and the castle will be lost unless action is taken